Monday, November 14, 2011

8. My Personal Values

It was difficult to take my whole life and sum it up into three personal values I try to live by- it seems like there need to be at least ten to accurately cover everything! However, after reflecting for a time, I realized these three were the most frequently used by me and were the ones I looked for the most in others as well.

1. Faith. While this may seem obvious as a student at a Christian college, it is more than just a shallow value for me. In addition to my faith in basic Christian principles, it extends deeper in my everyday such as living with few worries by relying on God instead, or trusting that God's promises are true.

2. Honesty. I believe without honesty, there is no possible way to have a solid and healthy relationship with anyone else. Without honesty, there is no trust, and without trust there is no foundation for a relationship. Lying is also something which I believe can be easily avoided, so there is no reason for it.

3. Appropriate vulnerability. I believe it is important to open in relationships and willing to admit it when you are wrong or when you have an issue. However, I threw appropriate in there because there are some people who over-share with everyone and are so vulnerable and needy that their relationships quickly become unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment